Snow Soft Bean Paste Snack – 雪棉豆沙 (Xuĕ Mián Dòu Shā)
Amount: Makes 12 pieces
|All Purpose Flour||10g|
|Oil (for frying)||750g|
- Roll out the bean paste into a long tube. Cut the tube into half, and half again until you have 4 short tubes.
- Cut short bean paste tubes into 3 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Place a wok onto a fire, put in all the oil and wait until tiny bubbles begin to form.
- Use a pair of chopsticks (or tongs) to dip and roll each ball of bean paste before dropping them gently into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, remove onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve
This recipe is mentioned in The Feast,