Golden Egg Fried Rice – 黄金蛋炒饭 (huáng jīn dàn chǎo fàn)
Makes 1 plate
|Scallion (spring onions)||2 stalks|
- First cook the rice according to the given instructions
- Separate white and yolks of the eggs and beat the yolks, finely mince the shallots
- Prepare a wok or large frying pan by heating it up with a little oil
Tip: Pour out excess oil so that the wok is oiled but not greasy
- Loosen the freshly cooked rice and drop it onto the pan, use a wooden spatula to lightly gather the rice into a flat circle.
- Pour the beaten yolk onto the rice, be careful not to get any onto the wok if possible
- Move quickly to mix the egg yolk and the rice. To ensure that each bead of rice is evenly coated, reduce the heat or remove wok from fire all together and continue mixing
- Add the scallion, salt and pepper to taste and continue mixing the rice to prevent browning.
- Serve on a large plate
Original recipe from Xiachufang
This recipe is mentioned in Kitchen Xiuzhen, Chapter 62
All the tips are from Gumihou, so have fun cooking and eating!